Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hot Chip


Hot Chip has been a musical fave of mine for quite a few years. Now that I have seen them live, I love them even more. I can not help but to be amazed by their talent. On stage is a formed half circle of 5 guys and electronic equipment. Oh and a guitar too. I got to hear most of the songs I had crossed my fingers for except for Playboy, Shining Escalade and Tchaparian. They played some tracks off their new album. Unfortunately, I do not remember the titles. I was betting that Over and Over would be an encore BUT I was wrong. The Beach Party was. They were everything I had hoped for. Tussle opened up for Hot Chip. All instrumental stuff. I would describe it as progressive dance music only by a live band. I had never been to The Orange Peel before. It was quite lovely inside. Nice and roomy, not overcrowded. I had no problem seeing the guys at all. The downside only beer and wine, no liquor. Another negative, there was a few people that had some major body odor. eeep..SHOOO! All in all .... a fantastic evening. My sister was there in addition some of my best friends. One of those nights that will replay in my mind for some time to come.


Fuzzy yet warm memories....






Hot Chip itunes

Tussle itunes

Visit Asheville.
Despite the panhandlers, it actually is a nifty little town tucked away in the mountains.

No comments: